The Account Representative position is responsible for the collection of delinquent auto loans on the first payment through effective communication with past due borrowers. As an Account Representative you will identify problems contributing to account delinquency and offer solutions to resolve the delinquency including the negotiation of payment arrangements or available short and long-term payment alternatives as appropriate. Responsibilities include proper and thorough documentation of all communications with customers, and follow up to ensure that delinquent customer commitments are met. All position responsibilities are to be completed in compliance with UACC policies and procedures as well as all state and federal regulations including all requirements of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
• High school diploma or equivalent
- Proactively pursue resolution of all assigned delinquent accounts in compliance with all UACC policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Demonstrate clear, concise and professional communication skills in all interactions with UACC customers
- Thoroughly understand and appropriately apply all available UACC collection tools and payment alternatives to minimize delinquency and credit losses. Ensure timely contact and effective communication with delinquent customers to ensure early problem detection and resolution to minimize delinquency and credit losses.
- Expedite payment of delinquent accounts by negotiating the use of electronic payment tools available to UACC customers.
- Prevent voluntary repossessions and other credit losses through effective negotiation and appropriate application of UACC collection and skip tracing tools.
- Thoroughly, accurately and professionally document all customer/collection contacts in the Company’s operating system.
- Demonstrate the effective and appropriate use of available skip tracing tools – including controlling expense and compliance with collection and confidentiality regulations – to minimize locate skip accounts and minimize losses.
- Meet or exceed established daily, weekly and monthly performance objectives for delinquency, credit losses, collection calls and as otherwise established by management.
- Consult with the Team Lead – Collections or more senior collectors to favorably resolve issues as needed.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in consumer collections
• Must have a solid recent work history
• Clear, concise and professional written and oral communication skills
• Strong negotiation, problem solving, and probing skills that are utilized in a professional manner
• Good telephone communication techniques and ability to be on the telephone for long periods of time
• Detail-oriented and strong organization skills
• Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task to complete daily tasks while handling both incoming and outgoing calls
• Ability to meet goals and deadlines in a fast paced, performance driven environment
• Self Motivated and dependable
• 1 year in Auto Collections
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications, internet skills, and the ability to utilize web based research tools/search engines
• Must have flexibility to work scheduled hours between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. and weekends as needed
ARE YOU DRIVEN TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
United Auto Credit is nationwide leader in the specialty finance industry. We are engaged in non-prime automobile financing, which entails the purchasing and servicing of automobile installment sales contracts originated by franchised and independent automotive dealers. We strive to create a work environment where pride, passion, dedication and consistency to our internal processes drive our leadership position within the market. By providing our employees with access to broad business knowledge, deep industry proficiency and superior execution capabilities, training and development programs, they are uniquely qualified to drive both internal and external success. Our professionals are accomplished problem solvers whose skills, sound judgment and adaptability underpin our considerable success. At United Auto Credit Corporation, we believe that every employee contributes to a larger goal that motivates our people and inspires them to grow with the organization.
Our employees are Driven to Make a Difference!
United Auto Credit Corporation - 30+ days ago
Established in 1996, United Auto Credit has grown to become a national leader in non-prime automotive finance. Our core business is working...