The successful candidates will be responsible for trimming off tabs from plastic and aluminum parts using tools such as, but not limited to, hobby knives, utility knives, diagonal-cutting pliers, grinders and sanders. Count and package parts according to requirements and enter process information into the computer. They will also need to ensure that order quantities and customer specifications have been met.
This opening is on the weekday shift. 12 hour shifts.
• Trim off tabs from plastic and aluminum parts using tools such as, but not limited to, hobby knives, utility knives, diagonal-cutting pliers, grinders and sanders.
• Support the milling department by inspecting parts and trimming parts.
• Count and package parts according to requirements.
• Enter process information into the computer.
• Ensure that order quantities and customer specifications have been met.
• Inspect completed orders for accuracy.
• Interface with shift supervisor and/ or quality control staff regarding order quantities and part quality.
• Identify quality issues relating to trimming, packaging, and order fulfillment. Report same to supervisor or QA staff.
• Determine if an order is shippable.
• Adhere to all quality and safety standards within the department.
• Maintain clean and organized work area with emphasis on safety, quality, efficiency, and utilization.
• Continually seek to improve work processes and individual performance.
• Adhere to all company policies and operational procedures.
• Perform additional tasks as assigned.
• Able to work safely with sharp tools/objects, such as but not limited to, hobby knives, utility knives, diagonal-cutting pliers
• Physical job requirements: Stand and/or sit for the entire shift, up to 12 hours. Lift up to 70 pounds waist high, carry up to 70 pounds alone. Reaching, bending, and grasping. Good finger dexterity, able to do close work, have good vision. Able to do repetitive hand clipping
• Able to use a computer and calculator. Able to read and write in English, and do basic arithmetic.
• Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
• Must be punctual and have good attendance.
• Able to comprehend and follow printed and computer-screen instructions, and direction from supervisors or technical leads. Good written and oral communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail is required.
Physical Job Requirements: Stand and/or sit for the entire shift. Lift up to 70 pounds waist high, carry up to 70 pounds alone. Essential job duties require reaching, bending, and grasping; good finger dexterity, ability to do close work and good vision. Able to do repetitive hand clipping.
Proto Labs, Inc. - 9 months ago