The successful candidates will have machine operating experience such as loading three-axis CNC mills and have the capability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a focus on quality and strong attention to detail. In addition to loading components and CNC programs, milling operators clean and maintain machines, inspect machined components for accuracy, inspect cutting tools and disposition of worn or defective tools, and provide feedback and suggestions.
This is a machine operator’s position: no CNC programming or machinist skills are needed.
12 - hour shifts.
• Load plastic and aluminum stock into machining centers & process jobs on the intranet database.
• Load required tools into machining centers.
• Insert cutting tools into tool holders; ensure accuracy of tool assembly by inspecting fit & runout.
• Inspect condition of cutting tools, disposition worn or defective tools.
• Clean & maintain machining centers; empty chip bins, clean out chip debris, replenish coolant, & add lubricant.
• Ability to work safely with sharp & heavy objects (e.g., utility knives, aluminum blocks).
• Able to use a computer & calculator, read and write in English and do basic arithmetic.
• Have good written & oral communication skills.
• Able to comprehend & follow printed or computer-screen instructions and direction.
• Ability to use measuring instruments such as scales, calipers, dial indicators as well as power tools such as band saws & manual mills.
• Proven Mechanical aptitude
• Must be punctual & have good attendance
1 to 2 years in manufacturing preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Stand for up to 12 hours, lift up to 70 pounds waist high and carry up to 70 pounds. Reaching, bending, & grasping.
Proto Labs is a leading online and technology-enabled quick-turn manufacturer of custom parts for prototyping and short-run production with...