The successful candidate will have machine operating experience such as loading three-axis CNC mills and have the capability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a focus on quality and strong attention to detail. The Tool Specialist will maintain inventory of cutting tools in good order, including organizing and sorting. Inspect condition of tools, disposition worn or defective tools, as well as prepare sets of tools for upcoming milling jobs. Maintain clean and organized work area with emphasis on safety, quality, efficiency, and utilization.
- Maintain inventory of cutting tools in good order, including organizing and sorting.
- Inspect condition of cutting tools, disposition worn or defective tools.
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards within the Dept.
- Maintain clean and organized work area with emphasis on safety, quality, efficiency and utilization.
- Prepare sets of tools for upcoming milling jobs.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to work safely with sharp & heavy objects (e.g., utility knives, aluminum blocks).
• Able to use a computer & calculator, read and write in English and do basic arithmetic.
• Have good written & oral communication skills.
• Able to comprehend & follow printed or computer-screen instructions and direction.
• Ability to use measuring instruments such as scales, calipers, dial indicators as well as power tools such as band saws & manual mills.
• Proven Mechanical aptitude
• Must be punctual & have good attendance
• Stand for up to 12 hours, lift up to 70 pounds waist high and carry up to 70 pounds. Reaching, bending, & grasping.
• 1 to 2 years in manufacturing.
Proto Labs, Inc. - 19 months ago
Proto Labs is a leading online and technology-enabled quick-turn manufacturer of custom parts for prototyping and short-run production with...