The Human Resource Services Division is seeking a Fiscal Analyst 3 to
administer the timesheet entry for labor distribution and payroll and leave hours for the Agency employees and all schedule changes. This position is also responsible to review the administration of the deductions and payments of child support, IRS levies, bankruptcy actions, voluntary wage assignments and writs of garnishments. This position also provides account reconciliation of the General Wages & Retirement General Ledger (GL 5124), as well as auditing the input into Human Resource Management System (HRMS) by the Account Representatives. This supports the agency mission by helping people to succeed throughout their working lives
- Monitor, review and process financial documents; ensure department complies with cash handling policy.
- Run the Leave Balance Report each pay period.
- Perform complex financial analysis; identify potential financial problem areas and develop correction plans as necessary.
- Provide technical expertise on financial procedures.
- Review all Payroll input into HRMS by the Account Representatives for each pay period to ensure correct cost accounting is accomplished and ensure data entered into HRMS is accurate based on documentation submitted.
- Provide follow-up training to Account Representatives on the error findings to avoid repeat errors.
- Instruct Account Representatives on schedule changes for CAT2 (payroll system) vs. TEAMS (timesheet system) and personal time recording on leave accrual/balance issues.
- Review input reports in TEAMS (timesheet system) for error correction, invalid codes, and discrepancies of time entry and notify the appropriate office to correct the errors or omissions in the TEAMS time entry screens.
- Review the process of timesheet corrections (F56’s) and labor charge corrections to the organizational index and master index codes preparing entries to upload into the HRMS labor distribution system.
- Review the legal notification process of IRS levies, child support, wage assignments and student loans for processing of deductions from employees pay.
- Review the writs of garnishments from the Attorney General’s Office and deductions from employees pay using HRMS.
- Review the Input of AFRS batches for Court Orders to pay (judgments) as well as for deposits and Journal Voucher (JV) fund transfers.
- Responsible for the processing and balancing of Department of Retirement’s statement of account activity/accounts receivable for agency employees.
- Responsible for processing the journal vouchers for the employer’s share of retirement contributions back to individual employee’s cost distribution.
- Responsible for the processing of Department Retirement’s verification of employment.
- As the Payroll Services Lead; continue to participate in the training of new HRC1’s in their responsibilities.
- Working-level knowledge of departmental, state and federal laws, rules, regulations and policies.
- Working-level research skills – gather information.
- Working-level computer skills - use computer hardware and software to complete assignments.
- Working-level writing skills - convey information in writing according to the needs of the audience.
- Working-level oral communication skills - convey information orally according to the needs of the audience, and receive and understand spoken information.
- Working-level workload management skills - Plan and organize assignments to create timely, accurate work products. Work efficiently, remain focused, and handle interruptions effectively/
- Awareness-level analytical skills - Use logic and reasoning to assess data, form logical conclusions, evaluate options, and make decisions or recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll accounting and auditing, including the understanding of automated payroll, retirement and personnel systems.
Attach a resume to your on-line application (either through the Text Resume / Edit Resume field or the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate ‘how’.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-725-9400 or
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
Employment Security Department - 15 months ago