Applicants will be appointed from Civil Svc List in list order or must already have Permanent status in this title.
The New York City Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) supports youth and community services through contracts with a broad network of Community-Based Organizations (CBO) throughout New York City. Our central task is administering available city, state, and federal funds to a wide range of innovative, practical and quality programs that positively impact youth and communities.
The Department of Youth and Community Development is seeking to hire a Fiscal Analyst in the Contract Agency Finance Division. The Analyst will have fiscal responsibility for analyzing and monitoring payments to Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and programs. The analyst will review and audit Program Expense Report Summaries (PERS) for adherence to budget limitations and to monitor expenses to ensure they are incurred in accordance with established policies and procedures. Responsibilities include processing expenditures utilizing the DYCD Comprehensive Contract Monitoring System (CCMS), interacting with CBOs to resolve fiscal reporting discrepancies, and performing special projects as directed.
Duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Review and monitor assigned Program Expenditure Report Summaries (PERS) for adherence to budget limitations and required data to ensure expenses incurred are in accordance with established policy and procedures: Analyze variances between planned and actual expenditures
• Update CCMS in house system by processing expenditures reported on PERS, payment vouchers, status letters, initial advances and batches for supervisor approval.
• Interact with CBOs to resolve fiscal reporting discrepancies providing them with technical assistance as required.
• CCMS/Financial Management Systems (FMS) encumbrance reconciliations.
• Fiscal year end close out of contracts which includes and is not limited to closeout letters, follow up letters, FMS/CTR encumbrance decreases, follow up on unpaid PERS, refund due issues.
• Perform special projects as directed by supervisor or director.
• Rate provider VENDEX fiscal evaluations.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U. S. Secretary of Education and by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), and six months of full-time, satisfactory professional, technical, or administrative experience in one or more of the following fields: program evaluation, contract negotiation/management, fiscal/financial management, or project management; or
2. A four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State’s Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization and four years of full-time, satisfactory professional, technical, or administrative experience in one or more of the following fields: program evaluation, contract negotiation/management, fiscal/financial management, or project management; or
3. Education and or experience equivalent to “1" or “2" above.
• Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft and Excel
• Excellent customer service skills and a demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities
• Good writing skills
Search for the Job ID
External Candidates please go to www.nyc.gov/careers
Current NYC employees please go to www.nyc.gov/ess
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA THE ONLINE PORTALS MENTIONED ABOVE. SUBMISSION OF AN APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE AN INTERVIEW. ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.
*If you do not have access to a personal computer, please visit your local public library*
35 Hours Per Week
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.