Responsible for fiscal activities for two distinct and diverse research units, the Marine Biology Research Division (MBRD) and the Center for Marine Biotechnology and Biomedicine (CMBB). Perform bookkeeping, procurement, travel, and office administration. Prior to approval by Fiscal Analyst, review expenditures for appropriateness, availability of funds, and applicable funding restrictions (OMB A21, 133, 110, CASB). Prepare and review ENPETs and other transfers as needed. Review transactions for allowable and available funding and approve up to designated level. Prepare on-line entries in Finlink including MyEvents and Marketplace orders. Process Marketplace requests, coding properly for account, tax, and commodity information.
Process other procurement actions including express cards, pay authorizations, campus orders for goods and services. Coordinate travel for MBRD and CMBB staff, including advising on proper procedures and guidelines, document review and approval, and UCSD Travel Card enrollment. Coordinate field safety research plans as required by policy for MBRD and CMBB, providing guidelines and submit to Risk Management/EH&S. Facilitate shipping and logistics arrangements for complex international research expeditions. Provide interpretation of UC, Federal and State policies in order to ensure compliance with all processes. Work with supervisor to ensure all fiscal deadlines are completed in a timely manner.
~~As necessary, must be willing to work overtime to meet job requirements.
- Proven knowledge of financial accounting/bookkeeping principles, purchasing, inventory, and related fiscal functions. Specific knowledge of and ability to interpret OMB circulars A-21, A-110, other federal regulations governing contracts and grants, and Fly America Act.
- Knowledge of Federal (OMB A-21) and State rules and regulations, and agency guidelines, to ensure strict compliance with auditing and reporting requirements and ability to translate them into daily departmental practices.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and private agency rules, regulations, and guidelines, to ensure strict compliance with auditing and reporting requirements and the ability to translate them into daily departmental practices.
- Strong, proven ability to perform a variety of accurate financial calculations using basic arithmetic functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc. Ability to analyze financial data.
- Strong skills in composing documents in English using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Good and accurate typing skills, including proofreading ability.
- Strong, proven ability to work with a variety of computer platforms and software programs. Strong ability in MS Word or similar word processing software. Intermediate to advanced level skills in Excel or similar spreadsheet software. Ability to self-teach.
- Familiarity with shipping procedures (fed-x, DHL, UPS, etc.)
Background check and valid California driver's license are required.
- Knowledge of UC purchasing, Entertainment and inventory policies and practices. Knowledge of UC travel policies and procedures, federal regulations related to domestic and international travel.
- Understanding of IFIS and Link Family programs. Experience with on line entry of purchase requests, financial journals, transfers of funds, invoices, purchase orders, payment authorizations, etc.
UC San Diego is an Equal Opportunity / Staff Affirmative Action Employer that values a diverse workforce and provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities.
UC San Diego Health System is San Diego’s only academic health system and is composed of UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest, and...