The Center for Court Innovation, a project of the Fund for the City of New York, is a unique public-private partnership that promotes new thinking about how courts and criminal justice agencies can aid victims, change the behavior of offenders, and strengthen communities. The Center creates demonstration projects that test new approaches to problems that have resisted conventional solutions. The Center's problem-solving courts include the nation's first community court (Midtown Community Court), as well as drug courts, domestic violence courts, youth courts, mental health courts, and others. Nationally and internationally, the Center performs original research on topics of justice reform and provides consulting services to criminal justice innovators.
The Center seeks a Fiscal Associate to manage the contracts for various projects; input data and prepare financial reports; process payment requests and liaise with the Fund for the City of New York's accounting department. The Fiscal Associate will report to the Deputy Director of Finance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage grants, revenue, expenditures and contract compliance;
- Analyze project costs and variances to budget and forecast;
- Review monthly close and submit adjusting journal entries as needed;
- Reconcile accounting reporting to financial excel reports and produce quarterly project forecasts;
- Work with Directors to develop annual forecasts for revenue and operating expenses;
- Manage relationships and reporting to government agencies and other funders;
- Function as a liaison to the Center's parent organization to ensure accurate programmatic and grant/project income and expense reporting and compliance;
- Prepare and review vendor payment requests, AMEX corporate account billing, staff expense reports; travel and stipend logs;
- Provide financial preparation support to Development Department as needed;
- Support the Deputy Director and Director with financial duties and special projects as needed
Position Type : Full-time Compensation : Low $40's. Excellent benefits package.
- 2+ Years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Familiarity with Circular A-122 cost principles for non-profits and Circular A-133 federal audit standards a plus
- Budget and financial management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word and MS Access
- Ability to multi-task and work within deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills