Candidates must have current or prior experience buying Tackle for our 12 western states with a strong knowledge for pacific coast fishing.
Requirements for the Fishing Tackle Buyer are:
• Responsible for writing a merchandising budget and open to buy.
• Active participation in advertising process.
• Must have strong analytical skills.
• Must possess a demonstrable knowledge of important trends evolving in the targeted market.
• Must have a significant knowledge of product development, planning, distribution of domestic and overseas manufacturing.
• Must be up to date on what competitors are carrying, supporting and promoting. Must show/possess initiative to find new businesses partners, items and categories.
• Must have strong negotiation skills.
• Must have strong communication skills, written and oral.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, well organized; detail oriented and must be able to multi-task.
Salary History/Requirements must accompany resume for consideration
Excellent Career Opportunity
Big 5 Sporting Goods is one of America's top retailers of name brand sporting goods and accessories, with more than 420 locations spread throughout 12 western states.
We provide a full-line product offering in a traditional sporting goods store format that averages approximately 11,000 square feet. Our product mix includes athletic shoes, apparel and accessories, as well as a broad selection of outdoor and athletic equipment for team sports, fitness, camping, hunting, fishing, tennis, golf, snowboarding and in-line skating.
Big 5 Sporting Goods is looking for a Fishing Tackle Buyer. This opportunity is based in the corporate office in El Segundo, California. The successful candidate must reside in, or be willing to move to, the greater Los Angeles area.
The Fishing Tackle Buyer will be responsible for the following:
•Manage the development of our tackle product line to deliver merchandise with tremendous consumer appeal and value.
•Develop and maintain relationships with new and current vendors.
•Negotiate beneficial terms and conditions with all vendors.
•Improving sales while managing inventory levels.
•Work with members of the merchandising team on product development, implementation and execution into existing stores.
•Perform in depth market research to identify the hottest product for our target customer.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Big 5 Sporting Goods - 18 months ago
Big 5 Sporting Goods has outgrown its name. The company, which started out with five army surplus shops in California in 1955, is a leading...