Legend Retirement Corporation, a leading developer and operator of independent living and assisted living communities for seniors, currently seeks an experienced Fitness Coordinator for its retirement community in Melbourne, Florida, The Brennity at Melbourne.
The Fitness Coordinator is responsible for creating and providing safe, effective, and motivating group and individual fitness classes and programs for our residents and encouraging their participation in physical activites which are age-appropriate and sensitive to their needs.
Skills / Requirements
• Ideal candidate will have a college degree with an emphasis on gerontological studies/recreation programs. Additional education/experience with older adults, special populations or post-rehabilitation is preferred.
• Preferred 1-3 years experience as a Group Fitness instructor.
• Must be currently certified through ACE, ACSM, or other approved nationally accredited organization.
• Must have educational background in Gerontology, Personal Training, Physical Education, Exercise Science, Health Education or related field; extensive practical experience and a strong interest in health/wellness or related field.
• Must have and maintain current CPR/First aid certification.
• Candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, and have a passion for wellness.
• Individuals must have or be able to obtain a Commercial Driver's License and meet company driving standards.
• Individuals must also be able to read, write and speak the English language and be able to communicate effectively with residents, families and other staff members.
Sagora Senior Living - 7 months ago