Position is responsible for providing fitness assessments, floor monitoring, personal training sessions, and conducting group exercise classes to new and established members of the Fitness Center.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to perform all job related activities as outlined below.
- Conducts fitness assessments and exercise orientation sessions for all new members.
- Provides floor monitoring services: palpating heart rate, recording blood pressure and educating members about personal exercise programs. Directs members to other Fitness Center programs and services, when appropriate.
- Develops comprehensive individual exercise programs according to the participants needs, focusing on warm up, muscular skeletal stimulus, cardiovascular programming, flexibility, and cool down. Leads group exercise classes in the areas of strength, endurance and aerobic activities.
- Provides excellent customer service by responding to members request in a professional manner.
- Conducts equipment care and maintenance by cleaning and lubricating exercise equipment.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Exhibit an active Christian faith.
Two years class work towards Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field and ability to obtain locally approved certification within 6 months of employment or
One year fitness training experience plus ACE, NSCA, ACSM or PFIT, or equivalent locally approved certification.
Performs duties in a manner to promote quality member care and customer service/satisfaction, while performing safety, cost efficiency, and a commitment to the policies of HBU.
CPR/AED certified. First Aid certified preferred but not required.
Houston Baptist University - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -