Fixed Asset Accounting Manager
About the Company
DigitalGlobe is a leading provider of commercial high-resolution earth observation and advanced geospatial solutions that help decision makers better understand our changing planet in order to save lives, resources and time. Sourced from the world’s leading constellation, our imagery solutions deliver unmatched coverage and capacity to meet our customers’ most demanding mission requirements. Each day customers in defense and intelligence, public safety, civil agencies, map making and analysis, environmental monitoring, oil and gas exploration, infrastructure management, navigation technology, and providers of location-based services depend on DigitalGlobe data, information, technology and expertise to gain actionable insight. DigitalGlobe is a public company listed on the NYSE as DGI, and is headquartered in Longmont, Colorado.
Fixed Asset Accounting Manager will support the finance department and will report to the Senior Accounting Manager. Primary duties will be responsibility for the administration and forecasting of project accounting for fixed assets.
- Manage and supervise fixed asset accounting staff
- Review and document proper accounting treatment in relation to internally developed software projects inclusive of meeting with project managers to gain a thorough understanding of the projects
- Record and monitor project costs including supplier invoices, internal labor (including stock-based compensation) and capitalized interest
- Upon project completion, determine the asset’s useful life and arrange for depreciation and amortization of the asset in SAP
- Manage and maintain fixed asset listings, including deferred contract costs
- Review and document lease accounting treatment for new leases
- Perform month end close, account reconciliations and flux analyses for fixed assets and leases
- Calculate asset retirement obligations for those fixed assets to which AROs are applicable
- Coordinating the annual physical inventory with each department, researching differences received from responses and recording changes as necessary
- Prepare property tax returns
- Update and maintain relevant corporate accounting policies and internal controls
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets and assist the auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Perform special projects or duties as required within the finance department
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 6-8 years of relevant experience
- Strong familiarity with GAAP guidelines for capitalization
- Detail oriented, SAP experience a must
- CPA or public accounting experience preferred
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Must be a real “team player” with a “can-do” attitude and a solutions oriented personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills required
Our compensation package includes: competitive base salary; annual incentive plan with payouts based on results; choice of medical plan; dental, life and disability insurance; employee assistance program; flexible spending accounts; a 401(K) plan with a competitive company match; tuition reimbursement; 10 paid holidays and 4 weeks paid time off. DigitalGlobe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DigitalGlobe has its eye on you. The company provides satellite imagery used for a variety of applications, including mapping, urban...