FactSet Fixed Income Technology is a team of developers and specialists focused on the infrastructure, software and processes surrounding FactSet’s fixed income analytical products. Fixed Income Technology manages the large compute grids which run daily production jobs computing advanced analytics on a range of bonds and structured securities. The use of Windows, Linux, relational and non-relational databases, caching, message queue, scheduling, scripting, storage and file manipulation allows the grids to process tens of thousands of client jobs each day.
Specialists are expected to design and improve the processes involved with the upload from client and custodian feeds, efficient and timely calculation of analytics, and finally delivery of results. Fixed Income Technology Specialists are involved in projects, working closely with various software and systems teams to architect, build, and provision the next generation of parallel fixed income compute environments. In addition, the Fixed Income Technology Specialist works with the Fixed Income Technology Engineers and Coordinators to identify problems in the field and automate processes and procedures for efficient resolution and monitoring of system health and integrity. There are many technologies and individuals involved; the successful candidate will have both technical and interpersonal skill sets to efficiently manage projects from start to finish.
FactSet’s compute grids run 24/7/365 and leverage multi-threaded HPC development paradigms, memcached, dynamic grid architecture optimization, and 10Gbps interconnects in a redundant, highly scalable architecture. This provides many opportunities to further develop individual knowledge of the entire compute stack and enhance technical engineering skills, as well as contribute to product design and internal software development.
- Create new and streamline existing support procedures and workflows
- Monitor critical client processes
- Perform forensic and root cause analysis of job and infrastructure failures
- Perform software updates and deploy configuration changes on production distributed compute systems
- Collaborate with various engineering teams on the architecture of new generations of compute infrastructure
Job Requirements :
- Experience programming with C#, C++, Java or OOP language
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL
- Scripting background using languages such as Perl, bash, batch, VB, Powershell etc.
- Experience leading projects and interfacing with technical and nontechnical teams
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Please apply online at www.factset.com/careers
FactSet Research Systems Inc. is an E-Verify participant and EOE/M/F/D/V Employer which strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
FactSet Research Systems - 17 months ago
Analysts, portfolio managers, and investment bankers know FactSet Research Systems has the facts down pat. The company offers...