Assist the Zone Parts & Service Manager in the identification and resolution of mediation and legal inquires. Act as the control point for Value Chain profit improvement initiatives for the region.
1. Obtain information needed to evaluate lemon law claims for repurchase decisions, prepare and work with DPSMs to present company defense at customer arbitration and NCDS hearings.
2. Negotiate with customers, attorneys, and dealers to resolve potential Lemon Law claims.
3. Coordinate regional lemon law arbitration and warranty litigation by working with DPSMs to prep Lemon Law claim evaluations, coordinate with DPSM’s final repair efforts, and resolve potential lemon law “final repair” notifications.
4. Monitor Regional CR case activity to ensure early intervention and response in unresolved product issues.
5. Provide in-field training for DPSMs and dealers in lemon law administration and procedures. Provide in-field training for DPSMs with high lemon law activity dealers to ensure a reduction in lemon law activities.
6. Maintain zone mediation tracking database and monitor district/dealer mediation activity.
7. Coordinate with DPSMs’ Field Product Investigation Reports (FPIRs) to ensure proper completion.
8. Legal cases – provide Legal Dept. with information to support our case.
9. Process customer reimbursements generated by DPSMs.
10. Monitor and advise zone management of dealer adherence to MMNA Corporate Policies and Procedures.
11. Support RPSM in the monitoring of Parts and Service programs, provide information and follow-up with DPSMs.
12. Act as zone control point for the Core Market dealers profit improvement initiative for the zone, in control of DPSM analysis and dealer improvement activities.
13. Review and manage all DPSM activities related to dealer improvement in areas of: dealer profitability, parts accessory purchases, warranty cost control, CSI, parts and service operations, technical / management training, marketing, termination and new dealer starting activities.
14. Oversee operations of technical training department.
15. Other duties as assigned or required.
1. Eight to ten years professional exempt-level automotive retail/wholesale experience, including experience as a District Service and/or Parts Manager.
2. BS/BA or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Automotive retail experience such as Parts, Customer Service, or Service Manager.
2. Knowledge of Mitsubishi products.
3. Formal training in such areas as sales techniques, financial statement analysis, inventories management and related marketing and advertising.
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of North America - 6 months ago