We seek an experienced and collaborative Flash Developer to join our digital services team and work on a fast-paced, retail account. This position is contract-to-hire and based in San Francisco.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing department that places a high value on entrepreneurial thinking and proactive ideation. A genuine affinity for and love of the digital space and emerging technologies are imperative as is a thirst for learning new things.
• Leverage expert knowledge of Flash deliverables based on creative comps and other source files
• Advise and educate members of the team, and the agency at-large, on the key areas of flash development and best usage practices
• Identify and communicate potential design implementation issues before they become problems that impact production or delivery
• Work with the Technical Director and Production team to define and/or perform necessary test procedures to ensure the quality of all Flash-based deliverables
• Provide input into the creation of internal agency standards for digital development
• Support Swirl's account and production management team as needed with tracking work progress, managing files and assets, and estimating necessary time to perform tasks within your area of expertise
• Develop websites, microsites, mobile sites, landing pages, widgets and web-based application systems for client campaigns
• Develop banners and other content in Flash using AS2 and AS3, adhering to provided specifications.
• Three to five years of experience as a Flash Developer, preferably onsite in an agency setting
• Prior experience with third party ad serving platforms is required (ie. Pointroll).
• Self-starter who is capable of working both autonomously and collaboratively
• Working knowledge of web marketing strategy, interface design, and architecture
• Extreme attention to detail; ability to complete projects with minimal supervision
• Understanding of Web analytics and SEO strategies/implementation
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time with concurrent deliverables
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to internal teams, vendors and clients
• Proven organizational skills and relentless attention to detail
• Sense of not taking one too seriously; the ability to laugh during stressful situations and be a team player
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or storyboard form
• Ability to work nimbly and independently within an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
• College degree in computer-science/technology-related field a strong plus
Founded in 1997, Swirl is an independently-owned advertising and marketing agency based in San Francisco. Our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft Stores, Clorox (Hidden Valley Ranch & Soy Vay), eBay, Cost Plus World Market, Playdom, Delta Dental, and California Table Grape Commission to regional favorites, like Torani, Pier 39, The Marine Mammal Center, U.C. Berkeley’s College of Natural Sciences, Common Sense Media and PG&E.
We believe that “doing” sits above “saying,” because when you do something, connections are made. There is a growing level of cynicism surrounding messaging without actions. When a brand truly stands for something, they act upon those values. We believe it is the role of the modern agency to help clients “do” something that matters and then amplify the conversation around that action through the various forms of media, including digital. We work with our clients to find ways to act upon their shared values with their customer base. Connections are the new social currency and we believe that brands will be built upon the connections they make. With the client, we set our goals for these connections and measure our success across multiple variables to ensure that the connections we are making are meaningful and converting to sales and overall awareness.
Swirl - 17 months ago