Work with the creative team to develop creative execution of Customer communication in the digital space. The Flash/HTML Developer is responsible for transforming design and layout into functional messaging, and work closely with other design staff to ensure consistent production of all digital solutions. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide production support for all digital projects within channel specifications – with a specialty in Flash/HTML 5.
- Partner closely with the creative team to ensure consistency in messaging and Company brand standards in our customer communication.
- Work with marketing and creative to translate business objectives and Kroger communication principles into compelling digital execution.
- Build and update all digital communication including but not limited to, web pages, email, banner ads and social media.
- Update content and images on Kroger microsites
- Create graphics and manipulate images in Photoshop.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 3+ years developing dynamic content using industry-leading technology (Flash, HTML 5, etc.)
- Experience working with Actionscript 3
- Must be able to work quickly and manage multiple projects.
- Expert at applying production skills to sales promotion activity in the digital space.
- Proficiency with industry-standard design tools and software.
- Strong organizational skills with specific attention to detail.
- Comfortable with marketing and branding best practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Remain current in industry trends
- Ability to work independently and manage a flexible schedule within the framework of the team.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to travel independently
Desired Previous Job Experience
- 3 years experience in a creative department; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Interactive Media, Graphic Arts or Advertising with a focus on digital
- Mobile application/ad development
- Graphic Design experience
- Retail experience
It is the policy of The Kroger Co. to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment.
Kroger - 2 years ago