The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the operation of a large fleet maintenance shop operation of up to 1,400 pieces of equipment and approximately 35 employees who are responsible for the repair and maintenance of automotive, heavy duty, emergency, and other motorized equipment. Duties include responsibility of an average annual budget of $4 million, report writing and use of fleet management specific software programs.
Currently Public Works has one vacancy; however this eligible list may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
Recruitment closes February 25, 2013. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
$54,392 - $81,245 annually.
- Five years of skilled experience in the maintenance and repair of automotive and mechanical equipment as an auto mechanic, heavy equipment mechanic, or equipment repair specialist
– The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Two years of supervisory experience in the equipment maintenance field.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- Experience with fleet maintenance software systems.
- Experience with heavy truck and/or refuse equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of contracting procedures and proper use for vehicle repairs.
- Knowledge of business computers and Microsoft software applications.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience supervising employees working in an automotive shop.
- Demonstrated experience managing a large and diverse fleet maintenance operation.
- Skill in supervision, coordinating large staffs, and delegating tasks and authority.
- Ability to ensure best practices including safety procedures and maintaining operational policies
- Ability to direct and coordinate financial and budget activities to fund operations and increase
- Ability to effectively communicate and convey information to staff, City management and customers.
City of Phoenix - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard