This position has overall responsibility for the day to day management of the Fleet division which includes commercial and small vehicles in the Canadian provinces and the U.S. and its territories.
• Builds relationships with internal customers (executive management), as well as suppliers, to optimize fleet utilization.
• Leverages available automated fleet supplier solutions to maintain the fleet vehicle database.
• Determines appropriate vehicle selection for various business units and locations. Orders new vehicles and determines appropriate remarketing channel for vehicles no longer in use.
• Decides vehicle repairs based on the value of the vehicle, timeliness of replacement, and historical maintenance information. Works with manufacturers to get reimbursement for warranty repairs.
• Analyzes appropriate remarketing channels to use to increase the returns from sales of our vehicular assets including fleet lease disposals, auctions, employee sales, and scrap by weight.
• Develops fuel forecasting models to enable the company to accurately budget for fuel. Uses historical fuel data to project fuel prices for budgeting information. Ensures proper grades of fuel are being purchased. Provides compliance and exception reporting to monitor abuses.
• Develops new reports to eliminate the wastes generated by lack of compliance with fleet policies.
• Works with Information Technology department to allow management access to reports for monitoring. Prepares various report packages for different levels of management each month.
• Reviews vehicle costs including fuel, maintenance, incentives, rebates, warranties, cargo space and production ability, initial cost, residual value, cost per mile, remarketing issues, recalls, time to production, seasonal market fluctuations, and more factors as needed to determine the correct vehicles for any given applications.
• Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience
Work, Skills & Abilities Required:
• 4-6 years experience
• Previous experience managing large international fleet within a large corporation.
• Ability to work in team environment to effectively produce results.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively present complex information in front of multiple levels of the organization.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with conflicting deadlines.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Proficient understanding of the Fleet Management industry best practices.
• Proficient knowledge of federal, state, provincial and local regulations in regards to large commercial vehicles.
Preferred Experience, Skills or Abilities:
• CAFM PREFERED (CERTIFIED ATUOMOTIVE FLEET MANAGER)
• English and French/Canadian verbal and written communication skills
CarQuest - 21 months ago