GNC is searching for a Fleet Manager who would be responsible for the overall management of the company's private fleet consisting of approximately 130 drivers. The Transportation department and dispatch office is based at our Leetsdale, PA distribution center. This position oversees the dispatchers as well as drivers located in Leetsdale, PA and two other distribution centers located in Anderson, SC and Phoenix, AZ. The responsibility of the private fleet is to not only carry product from the manufacturing facility to the distribution centers, but to also deliver directly to the GNC retail stores. Thus the Fleet Manager must integrate the private fleet with the distribution processes and procedures to support stores and distribution centers alike.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the GNC private fleet activities at all distribution centers to ensure sufficient equipment is available to complete load out schedules. Obtain short-term equipment rentals as necessary. Develop equipment specifications required for fleet operations.
- Analyze and report on all GNC private fleet operational activities having financial or service impacts on the company. Take the lead in all accident investigations.
- Develop, implement and monitor productivity objectives and standards.
- Develop and monitor private fleet operational budgets. Continually evaluate private fleet costs in order to save the company money without sacrificing the service to our customers.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred. Minimum 10-15 years experience in multi-modal transportation and logistics experience. Minimum of 5-8 years vehicle fleet management experience.
- Problem solving skills required to integrate transportation and distribution processes with varying requirements, conditions, and restrictions.
- Analytical skills in forecasting requirements; estimating costs, preparing budgets, reviewing intentory records, transportation and distribution bids, and government regulations.