Responsible for the complete management of the Gregory Poole commercial motor fleet (gross vehicle weight greater than 10,001 lbs.), including but not limited to all CDL licensed drivers.
- Manage vehicle financing, vehicle maintenance, vehicle telematics (tracking and diagnostics), driver management, speed management, fuel management and health and safety management to include the requirements for CSA (Compliance, Safety, Accountability).
- Identify and remove or minimize the risk associated with the vehicle investment, improving efficiency, productivity and reducing the overall transportation and staff cost and providing 100% compliance with all governmental legislations.
- Monitor drivers for compliance with Federal and state regulations and company policy.
- Work in conjunction with the service departments within each division in order to serve the needs of the varied businesses, but also to ensure compliance with the corporate standards.
- Work with Service Managers and Vendors to establish standard vehicle specifications per divisional recommendations, as well as leveraging corporate buying power for high-expense items - i.e. vehicle tires, fuel (Wright Express).
- Monitor fleet trends and make recommendations/decisions based on fleet data analysis.
- Monitor current market trends to recommend additional fleet improvements for cost per mile efficiencies.
- Maintain lowest cost per mile with maximum fleet up time.
- Select vendors and monitor performance.
- Manage vehicle tags, licenses, and registrations.
- Provide end-of-life vehicle analysis.
- Work with Service Managers to maintain stable fleet aging mix through analysis of rising cost per mile metrics and trends.
- Maintain master vehicle list in selected software.
- Enforce Cost per Mile processes as defined.
- Track and enforce routine maintenance procedures and schedules.
- Track, Maintain, and Store Inspections (government and internal).
- Monitor state DOT & Federal Motor Carriers Administration guidelines to insure all requirements are met.
- Manage and determine driver safety performance is followed and administered for all company commercial motor vehicles.
- Provide monthly driver performance reports to the respective supervisors to insure driver performance meets the corporate motor fleet safety requirements.
- Reinforce with all driver supervisors that any needed corrective actions required for a driver not meeting defined Gregory Poole driver safety performance are administered fairly, promptly and consistently.
- Development of annual operational budgets and business plan as required.
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field with minimum of 4 years fleet management or similar experience or an associate's degree in related field with 6 years of fleet management or similar experience
Physical: Must be physically fit to meet the demands of the position. Must have the ability to travel to various facilities, enter / exit and operate commercial motor vehicles and pass the federal DOT physical examination every two years.
Other: Strong Microsoft office knowledge, strong analytical skills, well organized, self-motivated, excellent interpersonal relationship skills, above average understanding of vehicle service procedures, effective written and oral communication skills, working knowledge of CSA initiative, ability to understand and navigate federal motor carrier's web site and NCDOT regulations knowledge.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company - 21 months ago