Summary (scope and purpose): This position is primarily responsible for specification of vehicle standards, acquisition, maintenance and operations guidelines, cost control and final disposal of all vehicles nationwide to meet the company’s immediate and long-range business goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education: BS/AS in Business Administration helpful or combination of transportation and Accounting experience in lieu of degree. Prior experience as an Orkin field manager is helpful. Recognized Fleet Industry certifications helpful.
- Ability to supervise the work of of 3 direct reports
- Coordinates with operations to develop appropriate vehicle specifications and standards
- Oversees new and replacement vehicle ordering based on Corporate policy
- Oversees control and tracking of vehicles to insure proper location assignments
- Assist Fleet Director in selecting vehicle supplier(s)
- Coordinates with over 500 location managers concerning delivery, assignment, mileage, license tags, transfers, cycle, and retirement of vehicles
- Recommends timely solutions to preclude and prevent problems and aggressively solves existing problems
Other Qualifications: Have a current valid driver’s license; Must have good employee management skills; Must have good customer service skills; Must have good oral and written skills; Be able to handle multiple job task at same time; Some maintenance background would be a plus; Scheduling techniques would be a plus; Computer skills necessary; Some accounting knowledge helpful, to include GL, JV, and invoice processing
Experience: 3 - 5 years experience in jobs closely related to Fleet Management
Rollins - 17 months ago