Director Flight Standards and Training
The position pays per union agreement.
HORIZON AIR STORY
Horizon Air: behind the name are men and women with a "can-do" spirit and a passion for excellence. Launched in 1981, Horizon Air provides service to cities throughout California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Baja California Sur (Mexico), and British Columbia and Alberta (Canada). Together, Horizon Air and sister carrier Alaska Airlines serve more than 90 cities and are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE: ALK).
It's a heartfelt approach, as much as technological innovations and customer-pleasing onboard service, that is at the core of the "Horizon experience". This has brought us national and international recognition: Horizon Air was named "Regional Airline of the Year" by Air Transport World magazine in 2007 and was also ranked among the top 10 domestic single-class airlines by Travel+Leisure magazine readers from 2002 through 2009.
- Continuously monitor all safety conditions and emergency equipment of our aircraft while on the ground and in flight
- Work one-on-one with our passengers during all phases of air travel
- Comply with all Federal Aviation Administration Regulations and Requirements while utilizing effective communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and at times stressful environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 21
- Authorization to work in the U.S. and enter/exit Canada and Mexico required
- Enthusiasm to relocate to either of our cities: Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Boise, ID; Spokane, WA; Medford, OR; or Anchorage, AK.
- Height of no taller than 6'3" feet with shoes
- Minimum of two years customer service experience
- Friendly, knowledgeable and polite in all situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong diplomacy and teamwork skills
- Ability to consistently lift 25 pounds
- Ability to maneuver 42 pounds
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible schedules to include weekends, holidays, and overnight trips
- Regular and predictable attendance
- If selected, ability to attend four weeks of paid training
- In training, ability to present a passport
- Bilingual skills strongly preferred (Spanish/English)
OUR CULTURE - HORIZON AIR
For eligible employees, our company offers a competitive total rewards package that includes insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision care), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program (with flight privileges on Alaska Airlines as well).
Key to Horizon Air's success is its distinctive culture, where partnership thrives and co-workers go out of their way to help each other. Each day, employees are guided by the shared values of Integrity, Heart, Partnership, Innovation/Initiative and Continuous Improvement. Horizon Air also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: June 25, 2013
Internet Explorer 8 or above, running on Windows, is the browser that is strongly recommended to successfully submit your application. If you choose to use another browser, your application may not come through successfully.
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Whether you want to capture a Kodiak moment or down a daiquiri by the Sea of Cortez, an Alaska Air Group airplane can fly you there....