***INTERNET EXPLORER 8 or above is the recommended browser to successfully submit your application. ***
- Knowledge of and full compliance to all safety regulations
- Insure all safety equipment on aircraft is in working order
- Greet passengers, assist with seating assignments, and carry on baggage stowage and security
- Explain and demonstrate use of safety equipment and emergency procedures
- Prepare and serve meals and beverages, including alcohol
- Effectively market onboard products such as meals and inflight movies, and submit sales reports
- Calmly resolve passenger situations during flight, including medical emergencies
- Answer questions regarding flight operations and offer destination information
- Other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- US citizen or registered alien with the legal right to accept employment
- Minimum age of 21
- At least 2 years of customer or community service experience required
- Able to reach 80 vertical inches while wearing shoes and/or standing on your toes
- Able to swim 90 feet assisted with a life vest
- Able to relocate to any of our flight attendant bases: Los Angeles, Seattle, Anchorage or Portland
- Flexible to work varied schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Posses and/or obtain and maintain a current passport with unlimited access in and out of the U.S.
- Able to attend 5-6 weeks of unpaid training in Seattle if selected (please note: We do offer a $40.00/per day per diem while in training. This is one of the highest in the industry for Flight Attendant training.)
- Able to demonstrate the physical ability to perform the duties of a flight attendant
- Must possess adaptability to perform a variety of duties, dealing with people, and performing effectively under stress
- Uncompromising dedication to safety
The base assignment for this position is in either Seattle, Anchorage, Los Angeles or Portland. Selected candidates must be willing to accept a domicile base in either location.
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: Monday, September 17, 2012
***Interviews for this position will be held in the following cities in October 2012 with more dates/locations to be determined in November:
Orange County, CA
***You must be willing and able to provide transportation to and from the interview at your own expense. Thank you.***
Whether you want to capture a Kodiak moment or down a daiquiri by the Sea of Cortez, an Alaska Air Group airplane can fly you there....