The CommutAir flight attendant performs or assists in the performance of all In-flight safety, customer service and cabin preparation duties, along with communicating and cooperating with the flight and ground crews, as a member of the team. The Flight Attendant will conduct themselves with integrity, enthusiasm, professionalism and a customer-first attitude while striving for operational excellence.
CommutAir offers a comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as short term disability, life insurance and employee travel benefits.
Crew Domiciles in CLE, EWR or IAD will be assigned during training.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be legal to work in the United States (A citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, or an alien authorized to work);
- Must be in possession of a valid United States or foreign passport with applicable VISAs. Must have the right to travel freely in and out of the United States, to and from all cities served by CommutAir without restriction. Passport must include legal name.
- Must agree to a 10-year background history, including criminal background, which the Company will confirm;
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Two years direct customer service experience preferred;
- Will be required to do provide excellent customer service at all times
- Flexible work schedules (shift work);
- Must have ability to work days, nights, holidays, weekends and extended hours away from home;
- Outdoor exposure to weather;
- Typically standing or walking during work;
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards;
- Must be willing to work on an on-call basis with little notice;
- Must be able to relocate to assigned domicile;
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation to and from the airport;
- Must comply with company uniform standards and must appear well groomed and professional at all times while on duty (no visible tattoos or piercings)
- Must have ability to push/pull/lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs and be able to push, pull, or move a beverage cart (approximately 250 lbs.);
- Should possess the physical strength to reach and operate all emergency equipment and exits;
- Demonstrated ability to work in aircraft aisles and galleys, standing, reaching (extended in front and to the side of the body and above the head), walking, kneeling, bending, twisting, working in a cramped or awkward positions, squatting, and sitting for extended periods;
- Must fit into the jump seat and harness without any modifications;
- Must have ability to hear and respond to customer and crew communications in situations with high background noise.
FAA regulations (14 CFR part 120) identifies this position as a safety-sensitive position. Therefore, if you are selected for this position, you will be required to submit to and successfully pass a
pre-employment drug screen as well as random drug and/or alcohol tests while on duty.
CommutAir is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Champlain Enterprises operates mainly through subsidiary CommutAir, a regional airline that provides connecting service from its hubs in...