Full Time Float Flight Nurse
Life Flight Network (LFN) is a not-for-profit medical transport service focused on safety, quality, and service, and is one of the country’s oldest, most respected air ambulance providers, founded in 1978. Thirty-five years later, LFN has safely transported over 90,000 patients and serves 16 locations in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. Owned and operated by the consortium of Oregon Health & Science University, Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center, and Providence Health & Services-Oregon, LFN is able to provide a joined strength of world-class health institutions, unique combination of air and ground ambulances, and highly skilled employees to communities in need.
We are passionate about investing in our employee's success, creating an environment that inspires individuals to reach their highest potential; as apparent by numerous awards including 2009 Air Medical Program of the Year and #1 Large Top 100 Non Profit Companies to work for by Oregon Business Magazine for 2012.
We are recruiting for a Full Time Float Flight Nurse to in LFN's Region 1 (Longivew and Dallesport, WA, Aurora, Eugene and Redmond, OR)
- Minimum of five (5) years of ICU/ED/Trauma experience within the last ten (10) years.
- Previous flight experience preferred. Flight experience can be substituted year for year for the ICU/ED/Trauma requirement.
- RN license as appropriate to assigned location
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or Basic Trauma Life Support (BTLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- Trauma Nurse Advanced Trauma Course (TNATC) or Trauma Nursing Core Curriculum (TNCC) certification. Must have successfully completed the TNATC course prior to assuming independent duties; thereafter either TNATC, TNCC, or equivalent must be current
- CFRN exam must be taken within one year of hire, certification must be obtained within 2 years of hire
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) or Critical Care Nurse (CCRN) strongly preferred until certified as a Flight Registered Nurse (CFRN)
- Drivers must have a current, valid Oregon, Idaho or Washington driver’s license
- Passport and/or entry into Canada may be required (based on location)
- EMT certification within one year of hire maybe required (based on location)
- Complies with weight restrictions (maximum 250 pounds fully outfitted to perform the job)
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate and work with a variety of people one-on-one and in large groups, often in highly stressful situations
- Ability to work varied shifts and cover fixed wing and/or ambulance call shifts
- drug screening and a background investigation required
LFN offers competitive compensation, growth opportunities, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life/AD&D, Short & Long Term Disability, Long Term Care, Flexible Spending, Pet Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Volunteer Time, and a generous Paid Time Off plan.
LFN is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information, childbirth and related medical conditions or occurrences, age and physical or mental disability.
Apply online at www.lifeflight.org.