Join the Industry Pioneer.
Launch an exciting career at Southern Air, the premier global air cargo service provider! We operate a fleet of B747-400BDSF’s and are the only ACMI operator of B777F’s, providing a wide range of air cargo services for the World’s Flag Carriers, Charter Brokers, Shippers and Governments.
Great talent is the key to our success, and we strive to create an environment where employees are enabled to contribute to their full potential by leveraging their unique experiences, perspective, and viewpoints. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers, and providing our employees the ultimate career opportunity… being part of a multi-cultural, global community which is shaping the future of our organization and touches the lives of people all over the world.
Responsible for preparing the flight release in accordance with 121 Supplemental regulations and monitoring its progress, analyzing and disseminating meteorological information, reviewing maintenance limitations and computing the amount of fuel required for safe flight.
• Ensures that assigned flights are operated safely and in compliance with all applicable FAR’s, company manuals, and all applicable Federal, State, foreign and rules, regulations, directives and policies.
• Prepares flight plans using NAVTECH and monitors the progress of all planned and in progress flights. Stays aware of weather conditions, operational issues, crew time limitations, maintenance requirements, and airport conditions related to each flight.
• Updates the pilot in command of significant changes to the flight plan and provides assistance during irregular and emergency situations.
• Identifies potential problems and initiates needed corrective actions.
• Ensures, prior to flight release, that all airport slots, over flight permits, traffic rights, ground handling, fueling, deicing and other operational requirements are in order.
• Maintains an electronic log of pertinent events on the assigned shift. Accept other duties as assigned by the Manager of Operations Control.
• Heavy Jet with International experience preferred- ETOPS experience a plus.
• Must be able to multi task
• Must be able to work 12 hour shifts, 4 days on 4 days off, nights weekends and holidays
• Must be willing to work in a non scheduled cargo environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Multiple Positions Available
NO RELO OFFERED.
Southern Air is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V