Life Flight Network (LFN) was founded in 1978 and is one the country’s first air medical transport services. We are not-for-profit, focused on safety and quality and have transported over 90,000 patients throughout our 18 service areas in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana. We are owned and operated by a consortium of Oregon Health & Science University, Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center, and Providence Health & Services-Oregon, and are proud to provide a joined strength of world-class health institutions, unique combination of air and ground ambulances, and highly skilled employees to communities in need.
We are passionate about investing in each one of our employee's success, creating an environment that inspires individuals to reach their highest potential. A few prominent awards we have received include the 2009 Air Medical Program of the Year, 2012’s #1 Large Non Profit Companies to work for and #2 in 2013, Oregon Business Magazine.
We are currently recruiting for full time flight paramedics to work at our Pendleton, Oreogn, Lewiston, or Sandpoint, Idaho base locations.
Minimum five years experience as an Paramedic, preferably in a large metropolitan area. Current licensure and/or certification as listed below:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Paramedic certification as appropriate to assigned location
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- Drivers must have a current, valid Oregon, Idaho, Washington or Montana driver’s license and at least three years of driving experience.
- FP-C exam must be taken within one year of hire, certification obtained within two years of hire
- Completion of Department of Transportation Air Medical Curriculum within six months of hire date
- Complies with weight restrictions (maximum 250 pounds fully outfitted to perform the job)
- Passport and/or Entry into Canada maybe required based on location assignment
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate and work with a variety of people one-on-one and in large groups, often in highly stressful situations
- Ability to work varied shifts and cover fixed wing call shifts
All candidates are subject to drug screening and a background investigation.
LFN offers competitive compensation, growth opportunities, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life/AD&D, Short & Long Term Disability, Long Term Care, Flexible Spending, Pet Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Volunteer Time, and a generous Paid Time Off plan.
LFN is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information, childbirth and related medical conditions or occurrences, age and physical or mental disability.