Flight Test Engineer
MTSI is seeking a Sr. Flight Test Engineer who will support an air vehicle program office in the Northern Virginia area. This person will provide flight testing subject matter expertise for projects involving advanced air vehicle systems development f or DoD and NASA customers.
- Program Office support as subject matter expert with respect to air vehicle flight testing
- Performing mechanical/electrical review of aircraft systems, sub-systems, and components to ensure proper test plans and data collection in flight test
- Experience with expanding flight envelope; loads/flutter/flying qualities, etc and or Mission Systems FTE experience
- Laying out and planning a flight test program; reviewing test plans submitted by contractors
- Participate in development of the overall plans such as the T&EMP, Test Points, test cards, etc
- Provide integrated engineering support for design reviews, test planning working groups, safety reviews, test card prep, execution etc.
- Work well in a team environment as well as independently
- During research flights monitor performance of experimental and operational system
- Resource and schedule management
- Technical writing (procedural, analysis support and description documents
- Desired start dates beginning 1 April.
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field plus 10 or more years of experience is required
- Minimum of 10 years direct experience in Aircraft Flight Test Engineering with a solid understanding of all aspects of test and operation of a variety of air vehicle types is highly desired
- Program Office experience is highly desired
- Experience with testing on the western test ranges is highly desired
- Experience in Propulsion, Electronic Warfare and RF/IR CM testing is desired
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Effective in small team work environment with broad responsibilities and minimal oversight
- higher level degree, Masters, etc. may substitute for two years of experience
- Applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Must have current TS/SSBI clearance
MTSI is an equal opportunity employer
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. - 18 months ago
A fast-paced and dynamic 100% employee-owned and operated technology firm, Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) provides leading-edge...