Life Flight Network (LFN) was founded in 1978 and is one the country’s first air medical transport services. We are not-for-profit, focused on safety and quality and have transported over 90,000 patients throughout our 16 service areas in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. We are owned and operated by a consortium of Oregon Health & Science University, Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center, and Providence Health & Services-Oregon, and are proud to provide a joined strength of world-class health institutions, unique combination of air and ground ambulances, and highly skilled employees to communities in need.
We are passionate about investing in each one of our employee's success, creating an environment that inspires individuals to reach their highest potential. A few prominent awards we have received include the 2009 Air Medical Program of the Year, 2012’s #1 Large Non Profit Companies to work for and #2 in 2013, Oregon Business Magazine.
We are recruiting for a Full Time Float Flight Nurse to work within Region 1; Aurora and Eugene, Oregon, Longview and Dallesport, Washington.
Minimum of five (5) years of ICU/ED/Trauma experience within the last ten (10) years. Previous flight experience preferred. Flight experience can be substituted year for year for the ICU/ED/Trauma requirement. Current licensure and/or certification as listed below:
- RN license as appropriate to assigned location
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or Basic Trauma Life Support (BTLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- Trauma Nurse Advanced Trauma Course (TNATC) or Trauma Nursing Core Curriculum (TNCC) certification. Must have successfully completed the TNATC course prior to assuming independent duties; thereafter either TNATC, TNCC, or equivalent must be current
- CFRN exam must be taken within one year of hire, certification must be obtained within 2 years of hire
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) or Critical Care Nurse (CCRN) strongly preferred until certified as a Flight Registered Nurse (CFRN)
- Drivers must have a current, valid Oregon, Idaho or Washington driver’s license and at least three years of driving experience.
- Maintenance of Airport Badge (where applicable)
- Passport and/or Entry into Canada may be required based on location assignment
- Region II and Region III staff are required to obtain EMT certification within one year of hire.
- Complies with weight restrictions (maximum 225 pounds fully outfitted to perform the job)
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate and work with a variety of people one-on-one and in large groups, often in highly stressful situations
- Ability to work varied shifts and cover fixed wing and/or ambulance call shifts
All candidates are subject to drug screening and background investigation.
LFN offers competitive compensation, growth opportunities, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life/AD&D, Short & Long Term Disability, Long Term Care, Flexible Spending, Pet Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Volunteer Time, and a generous Paid Time Off plan.
LFN is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information, childbirth and related medical conditions or occurrences, age and physical or mental disability.