In order to be considered for employment at Merchants Bank, we need to receive a cover letter and resume from candidates.
Our online application system will allow you to upload one document. You may wish to combine your resume and cover letter into one document to upload. Thank you!
This position is full time (40 hours) and provides coverage to Merchants Bank branches in Rutland, Manchester and Fair Haven, VT.
Responsible for teller operations, customer service, sales, and consumer lending in the local branch. Actively services customer transactions, account openings, and branch level inquiries. Actively sells all Merchants Bank products and services. Actively develops household and commercial relationships. Supports Community Banking Manager in pursuit of branch deposit and loan growth objectives.
Principal Duties and Objectives
1. Perform Teller transactions according to established policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, accepting deposits and loan payments, cashing checks and processing withdrawals.
2. Seek to provide superior customer satisfaction to all customers via Merchants Bank Customer Service Standards . Aim toward business retention and cross selling of existing customers (share of wallet) by making recommendations for new or modified products/services to meet the customer’s individual banking needs. Support retail sales environment within branch by demonstrating comprehensive product knowledge and account maintenance understanding.
3. Identify opportunities for new relationships and support growth of branch portfolio. Target individuals, businesses and organizations for potential sales follow through. These can be pursued by Personal Banker, Community Banking Manager or other internal sales teams.
4. Engage in regular communications to constituents (customers, co-workers, management) in support of branch and company direction. Cooperate with all reporting requirements with clear, concise written, verbal, and electronic communications.
5. Cross train in duties and functions within the department.
6. Perform any and all duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Strong interpersonal skills in order to positively represent the Bank.
2. Aptitude and demonstrated proficiency in use of computer technology. This includes working knowledge of Microsoft Office (or similar software) functions, and database entry. Competency in all bank branch hardware and software platforms.
3. Strong written, verbal and listening skills to be used in communicating with a broad range of constituents.
4. Demonstrated ability to analyze situations and execute decisions.
5. Ability to work productively as a team member as well as independently.
6. Tellers should be able to lift items weighing up to forty (40) pounds. Tellers are responsible for moving full coin bags and other branch equipment.
Established in 1849, Merchants Bank is Vermont’s largest and sole remaining statewide bank. Consumer, business, municipal and...