The Chain Account Manager is responsible for developing New Belgium’s business in our major food, drug, convenience and club chains. This position will report to the Chain Account Director - East and work with field sales teams to ensure consistent execution of NBB priorities. This position is located in Florida and responsible for approximately 7 chains with buying offices located primarily in Florida.
Like all members of the New Belgium Beer Ranger team, this person is required to have fun while being an ambassador of good beer and good cheer. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of sales account management experience calling on the primary decision maker at the large chains in this territory. This experience includes total responsibility for New Belgium’s business and all stores within the chain. The ideal candidate will also have proven analytical and category management skills. This position requires frequent overnight travel.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Conducts analysis and develops presentations that increase NBB feature and display activity, expands distribution, and optimizes shelf position ultimately increasing volume and market share.
• A masterful presenter of sales information who can seamlessly blend a great command of complex analytics with a down-to-earth communication style.
• Builds collaborative long-term retail partnerships by delivering more value than other suppliers.
• Handles the shameless amounts of paperwork heaped upon suppliers from national accounts these days, including monthly pricing sheets, new item forms, schematic changes, etc.
• Initiates regular correspondence to communicate chain account progress and/or setbacks to all impacted field sales and distributor personnel.
• Works with field sales team to develop and communicate chain execution expectations and standards.
• Works with distributor partners to ensure seamless execution of chain programming and market standards.
• Leads by example in thoughts and deeds to help raise the team’s collective selling skills.
Candidates must have a squeaky clean driving record; Motor Vehicle Record checks will be conducted.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. All applications should include the candidate’s salary requirements.
This is a fully loaded sales position, complete with a competitive salary and generous benefits package, which includes a company car, life, health and dental insurance, matching 401(k), and participation in Employee Profit Sharing and Stock Ownership.
New Belgium Brewing Company - 19 months ago