to learn more.
The director leads a team of skilled marketing professionals and works closely with state and regional conservation, fundraising and government relations staff to develop, manage and execute marketing plans and media strategies that maximize the Conservancy’s presence in target markets throughout Florida and Georgia. The director will dedicate the majority of his/her time to Florida.
The director will focus on developing and executing strategic marketing plans that reach new and existing constituencies, specifically reaching and engaging diverse audiences in Miami and South Florida, and supporting fundraising, public policy, conservation and science objectives. Overall, s/he will lead the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans, messages and materials for The Nature Conservancy (TNC) chapters in support of the Conservancy’s marketing objectives:
The director reports to the Eastern Division marketing director, with a dotted line to the Florida state director, supervises several staff, and will sometimes manage outside resources and related vendors in order to complete projects.
- Become the most respected organization among key audiences
- Achieve conservation objectives by influencing opinion and encouraging action in targeted sectors.
- Increase major gifts fundraising to support conservation goals
- Develop a broader base of support for conservation
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field and minimum 10 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supervising and managing staff and teams.
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships.
- Experience in project and account management including budgetary responsibilities, and measuring results of strategic plans and programs.
- Management experience including ability to motivate, lead, set objectives and manage performance of staff. Ability to foster an environment of teamwork, creativity and professional growth.
- Experience developing, implementing, and measuring strategic marketing plans and programs.
- Proven expertise in developing strategies aimed at reaching and engaging diverse audiences in support of an organization’s mission.
- Demonstrated ability in managing the fiduciary aspects of planning and delivery of budgets.
- Excellent communications, mediation and negotiation skills.
- Successful experience in developing, directing and managing multiple projects on time and on budget.
- Knowledge of current and evolving trends in marketing and brand management.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 40883, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on March 22, 2013.
Failure to complete all of the required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration. The information entered in the education and work experience sections are auto screened by the system based on the basic qualifications of the position.
You must click
to apply for the position. You may select “save for later” if you prefer to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please refer to our
applicant user guide
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of
The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.
The Nature Conservancy - 19 months ago