The Florida State University Foundation
Development Associate, Planned Giving
Director of Planned Giving
The Development Associate, Planned Giving will strategically identify, cultivate, solicit and provide stewardship for planned giving prospects and donors on behalf of The Florida State University’s academic programs.
• Maintains and manages a portfolio of 60-90 planned giving prospects, moving them through the fundraising cycle from cultivation to solicitation and beyond
• Places a primary focus on Planned Giving Assessment of research-supported constituents
• Prepares gift annuity and remainder trust illustrations and related documents for donors, their advisors and constituent-based fundraisers
• Collaborates with college-based major gift associates on cultivation and solicitation of planned gifts, always serving in a consultative role when specific expertise is required
• Provides assistance for bequest administration including correspondence with external parties who represent estates in probate from which the Florida State University Foundation will receive a bequest.
• Assists in providing educational and training opportunities for staff members on the functions of planned giving
• Assists as a staff liaison to the Planned Giving Council, helping to coordinate bi-annual meetings of Council members as well as seminars for alumni and friends on the benefits of estate and financial planning
• Collaborates with Office of Advancement Relations to appropriately steward the members of the James D. Westcott Legacy Society
• Manages and supervises the input of planned giving data in the Raiser’s Edge database and protects the confidential information contained in that database
• Effectively communicates organization’s mission and represents the organization’s culture to external stakeholders.
• Protects confidential information
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in an applicable discipline (accounting, finance or taxation or law) is desirable
• Minimum of 1 year professional experience in non-profit fundraising or experience in the related fields of estate planning, accounting, financial planning or trust services considered
• Experience in a university setting preferred
• A basic knowledge of planned giving vehicles such as charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts is preferred
• Experience with Planned Giving software and Raiser’s Edge or other donor management software is preferred
• Willingness and ability to travel in conjunction with donor cultivation and solicitation activities required.
• A self-starter, comfortable working independently
• Ability to facilitate and maintain strong, consistent and positive communications
• Excellent communication skills, including effective and persuasive writing, public speaking and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
• Professional demeanor
• Careful attention to detail
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends, including the willingness and ability to travel
To apply, please visit:
Council for Advancement & Support of Education
- 22 months ago - save job