About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for a Food & Beverage Jr. Manager to join the team at our new hotel scheduled to open in early May 2013, The Anza.
As a Food & Beverage Jr. Manager, you’ll be responsible for the daily management of food preparation, quality and presentation at our restaurant, Graze, while providing exceptional service with high attention to detail.
Key responsibilities of a Food & Beverage Jr. Manager include:
• Supervising and directing the prompt, efficient and friendly serving of all aspects food and beverage
• Creating work schedules for the Food & Beverage operation
• Monitoring and reviewing labor reports
• Purchasing food and liquor items
• Controlling food and beverage inventory to ensure the smooth operation of the Food and Beverage operation
• Assisting in the training and development of team members
• Working quickly and independently to resolve operational issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through with appropriate manager(s)
• Supervising the production of all food items to ensure that all orders are prepared, cooked and presented according to standard
• Ensuring the food quality meets or exceeds quality standards at all times
• Assisting the team with their job duties as necessary to ensure optimum service to guests
• Ensuring all opening, closing and running side work is completed on a daily basis
• Communicating effectively, giving direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance
• Working quickly and independently to resolve operational and/or guest issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through with appropriate manager(s)
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with associates, guests and vendors
If you are customer service driven, have previous restaurant supervisory experience and have the desire to provide exceptional service with a high attention to detail then we want to talk to you!
• Minimum of 21 years of age to handle alcoholic beverages
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a restaurant or hotel environment required.
• Supervisory experience required. Previous food supervisory experience within a hotel or full-service restaurant environment preferred.
• Experience in administrative tasks such as creating work schedules, placing orders, controlling inventory
• Ability to take initiative and ownership to resolve problems
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts, percentages, proportions and volumes in order to track inventory, controls and analyze financial statements
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Ability to stand, walk, and move around during entire shift
• Ability to handle, carry and/or lift items weighing up to 30 pounds
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with team members and guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- 2 years ago - save job