Just 75 miles from the bustle of Washington, D.C., Shenandoah National Park is your escape to recreation and re-creation. Delaware North will provide the lodging, retail shops, food and beverage and other commercial services to visitors throughout the park.
- Work closely with the General Manager (GM) to ensure effective overall operations of Food &
Beverage, including restaurant, bar, & kitchen.
- Responsible for the management of all aspects of all assigned areas of responsibility in Food
& Beverage in accordance with DNC criteria and other priorities as set
forth by management.
- May assist with menu planning.
- Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy that serves as a
guide to respective associates. Facilitates special projects as directed by the GM. Serves as a resource to and provides solutions to, direct report supervisors and associates.
- Responsible for all scheduling, training and development of F&B supervisors and associates.
- Maintains all DNC policy standards, culture of accountability and responsibility, and holds individuals accountable for such.
- Research and development of new policies, procedures, and control policies that elevate
service standards and accountability of staff.
- Handle guest relations and monitor adherence to quality assurance standards.
- Maintain physical condition of facilities in conjunction with DNC standards.
- Order and maintain all inventories for area, maintain cost control efforts for labor
and waste management and conduct meetings updating staff on daily goals and
- Menu planning and design in coordination with the Executive Chef.
- Responsible for department budgets including payroll and controllable spending.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Food and Beverage with Supervisory and/or Management
- Strong food knowledge with a variety of menus and previous experience supervising Managers and service personnel required.
- Experience with new menu implementation, restaurant concept changes and updates.
- Familiarity with foodservice equipment procurement, maintenance, vendor relations.
- Strong knowledge of computerized point-of-sale system operations
- Strong managerial and leadership skills required.
- Strong Commitment to customer and client service, possessing excellent guest service skills,
ability to adhere to Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards.
- Demonstrate initiative, leadership and team building skills
- Ability to manage frequent change, and critically analyze numbers and concepts.
- Ability to manage their own time as well as the time of others
Delaware North Companies - 17 months ago