Experience and Qualifications:
- Leads and manages In Room Dining Department.
- Establishes and maintains a seamless level of luxury service throughout the Restaurant, Room Service and Mini-bar departments.
- Establishes and manages budget for Food & Beverage operations to maximize profitability, while maintaining luxury service levels.
- Functions as the point person for union issues and assists in training managers on how to manage a union workforce
- Evaluates and modifies current vendors and contracts as needed
- Ensures that staffing levels are correct and to agreed standards and are not exceeded without prior consultation
- Establishes Food & Beverage SOPs for a room service and minibar department.
- Works with corporate Sales and Marketing department to create effective promotional and sales driven ideas to maximize revenue and exposure.
- Works with The Surrey's Public Relations team to maximize exposure of the bar and Restaurant.
- Perform any other duties and special projects required by senior management
- Strong, positive interpersonal skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to manage diverse work force
- Direct experience in hotel operation
- Minimum of 5-10 years of management experience
- A least 5 years of union experience in a 4 star hotel proven track record of success.
- Knowledge of a second language
- CPR Certificate
- Previous culinary training