The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for
coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of
one F&B outlet’s operations and for assuring the success
of all banquet events, while maintaining a profitable
F&B outlet and high quality products and service levels.
He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business;
reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll
budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping
quality consistently high.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly,
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the
issues as they arise.
- Supervise outlet personnel.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of
problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all
Loss Prevention in the outlet.
- Assist in coordinating and monitoring all phases of
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely
not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue,
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but
employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans.
health and sanitation regulations.
- Monitor quality of service in F&B outlet.
- Assist in menu planning and preparation.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and
during each meal period.
- Ensure compliance with SOP’s in all outlets.
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
- Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed
Highgate Hotel standards.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with
in outlet (if applicable), including buffet and
- Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions
three-meal concept standards.
technical job tasks.
- Ensure the training of employees on SOP’s and
training (CARE, One to One), etc.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel
and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions
Job Requirements:Education & Experience:
- Complete tip reporting.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Restaurant Management; hospitality experience preferred
- At least 2-3 years of progressive experience in
health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques,
occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
General Requirements - MANAGERS
and written, with all level of employees and guests in
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally
an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
functions to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental
an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in
Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling,
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with
which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
grooming, including wearing nametags.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations
problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify
anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
- Must be effective in handling problems, including
problems as necessary.
information, data, etc. from various sources to meet
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
Highgate Hotels - 4 months ago