This position is responsible for ensuring overall effective operations of the food and beverage department, including adherence to all health regulations and liquor laws. Uses leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit, and ensure quality. Accountable for management of assigned staff to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction, and positive employee relations.
CSM’s CORE VALUES
- Continuous Improvement
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer focus
- Strategic focus
- Objective financial results
- People management and development
- Decision quality
- Handles pressure well
- Conflict management
- Problem solving
- Drive for results
1. Effective Operation of Food and Beverage Outlets: Leads the food & beverage staff to ensure department operates efficiently and business goals are achieved. Attends appropriate meetings and communicates effectively with all responsible staff to ensure guest and employee needs are met.
2. Guest Service: Accountable for guest satisfaction by ensuring food and beverage service standards are met and guest needs are responded to in a timely manner. Resolves guest complaints in courteous and friendly manner, focusing on service recovery when applicable. Works side by side with staff to train and model appropriate guest service standards.
3. People Management and Development: Responsible for interviewing, hiring, coaching, and development of all employees. Evaluates staff performance and takes appropriate corrective action as needed to hold employees accountable. Motivates staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing employees. Responsible for training all employees and ensuring training records are maintained. Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs and ensures implementation to improve results. Utilizes available resources and adheres to CSM training policies. Ensures all company, brand, and department specific training requirements are met.
4. Financial Expectations: Accountable for achieving business revenue goals by developing and implementing service programs. Responsible for building and maintaining client relationships to drive repeat business/customer referrals. Uses expertise to develop and implement changes to food and beverage operations based on sales and guest comments. Responsible for management of expenses to maximize hotel profitability. Responsible for effective labor management through proper scheduling, monitoring, and adjusting based on business needs and the departmental budget. Follows CSM procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines.
5. Safety/Risk Management: Conduct routine inspections of food and beverage operations to maintain quality food, beverage and kitchen/restaurant standards per CSM, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all CSM’s procedures for guest/employee incidents.
6. Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs. Adheres to all CSM Standard Operating Procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent experience required. Serve Safe, TIPS or CARE beverage service certification or the ability to obtain certification is required.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: 3+ years of progressive food and beverage experience required, with a minimum of one year supervisory/management experience. Must have the ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with employees and guests. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Physical: Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift. Ability to lift, transport, and connect a keg weighing up to 150 pounds an occasional basis with assistance. Requires ability to work extended hours based on business needs, with physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and lifting throughout the extended shift.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Prefer 2+ years of supervisory/management experience in a hotel setting of similar brand or distinction. Prefer experience with venue of similar size, volume, and reputation for focus on guest satisfaction.
CSM Corporation - 20 months ago