Ovations Food Services, LP , an affiliate of Comcast-Spectacor, is a fast-growing industry leader providing contract food service to public venues throughout the United States and Canada. Since our inception in 1997, our annual sales have grown to $250+ million. Our Sports & Entertainment facilities include arenas, stadiums, baseball parks, convention centers, fairgrounds, racetracks, amphitheaters, exhibition and convention centers. Venues range from small, historic minor league ballparks to well-known basketball arenas like the Rose Garden Arena, home to the NBA Portland Trail Blazers, and major football stadiums like the EverBank Field, home to the NFL Jacksonville Jaguars. Additionally, Ovations has a successful Casino Division which provides exceptional food and beverage service in a growing number of Native American casinos in the Southwest, Southeast and in Oklahoma . . . and we’ve just launched our newest hospitality division, the Ovations Hotel Group. Please visit our website at www.ovationsfoodservices.com for more company information.
Ovations Food Services is seeking an experienced FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER to oversee the food service operations at Gilley's in the Choctaw Casino in Pocola, OK . This casino offers the best in world-class gaming and outstanding service in a uniquely comfortable setting. Nestled in the city of Pocola, OK, Choctaw Casino is the destination for big-city fun married with small town comfort and charm!
The FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER provides management oversight of the food service operations and is responsible for overseeing service in the dining and back-of-house area to ensure the profitable management of food service operations. The FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER must have the ability to develop and maintain a highly-competent, service-oriented workforce, committed to delivering an exceptional experience to guests, employees, internal and external customers.
Functional areas of responsibility include:
If you have the experience and proven ability to manage successfully in a diverse, fast-paced environment with a focus on delivering a world-class level of customer service, we'd love to talk to you!
- Daily operation / oversight of food service operations for the Choctaw Casino;
- Managing front-of-house and back-of-house operations to ensure staffing is at proper levels to meet the needs of the food service outlets;
- Provide direction and oversight to employees and initiate employment actions such as hiring, firing and discipline;
- Maintaining a highly professional, visible, responsive and accessible management presence at the outlets and casino;
- Assuring professional, ethical, responsive interaction with guests, employees, client team, corporate office, vendors, etc.
- Ensures total compliance with all alcohol service policies, if applicable. Monitors alcohol service throughout event to assure 100% compliance with Alcohol Service policies.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
Qualified candidates should apply online by clicking the "Apply" button
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to develop, coach, and train staff is essential as is the proven ability to grow sales while providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to speak read and write in English.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Understanding of labor management and food cost.
- Aid in the development of systems to ensure organization, accountability, and staff retention.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- Basic computer proficiency: E-mail, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as required), depending upon event and business requirements
Ovations Food Services, LP - Ovations FanFare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
M/V/F/D encouraged to apply
No recruiter or staffing sales calls, applicant calls or walk-ins please
Ovations Food Services - 20 months ago
Ovations Food Services is a company whose purpose is to deliver fresh food and beverage with exceptional services to public assembly...