The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of restaurant, bar, and outlet operations, as well to assist other F&B areas such as room service and banquets, while maintaining profitable F&B outlets and high quality products and service levels. The Food & Beverage Manager is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high. Supervision duties include delegating responsibilities, scheduling, administering discipline, evaluating, hiring, training and mentoring for future promotion possibilities.
Experience: Minimum one to two years of supervisory experience in the hospitality industry, in luxury or ultra-luxury Hotels preferred.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
GENERAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
Manage the activities of assigned staff, ensure proper coverage, communicate goals and assign/prioritize work. Ensure all staff is properly trained on quality and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry, out their job functions. Monitor and maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory, and equipment, (2) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. and (3) to minimize waste.
· Responsible for processing bi-weekly departmental payroll, within the company standards.
· Ensure that all food and beverage equipment and facilities are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis.
· Conduct inventory according to established procedures and timeframes as assigned.
· Assist with the development and implementation of local food and beverage marketing programs for the hotel; support system-wide food and beverage marketing programs and promotions.
· Maintain standards of service, product quality, accuracy and timeliness for all outlets.
· Establish appropriate par levels for inventory to support forecast.
· Interact with guests frequently to ensure satisfaction and enjoyment of their dining experience.
· Develop systems to ensure guest comments are followed up on in a timely manner.
· Knowledge of all aspects of food and beverage planning, production, presentation and all aspects of service.
· Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during each meal period.
· Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
· Maintain and demonstrate strong knowledge of food and beverage trends within the hospitality industry.
Rosewood Hotels and Resorts - 23 months ago