POSITION: Food & Beverage Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Director of SAVOR…
FLSA STATUS: Salaried-Exempt
SAVOR…Lincoln, the leading food service provider located at Pinnacle Bank Arena has an immediate opening for a Food & Beverage Manager. This position will direct and supervise all activities of food services areas including Concessions, Club Level, Suites Level and Catering Functions. Develop, implement, and evaluate departmental policies and procedures. Oversee effective hiring, training, evaluation, and performance of all food and beverage personnel.
the successful identification of expense reduction through cost efficiencies and
- The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for the entire cycle of the Food and Beverage operations including ordering, storing, preparing, and final delivery.
- Ability to manage all financial aspects of food and beverage operation, including
venues. Observes preparation to ensure quality standards are met. Oversees the
- Oversees food and beverage inventories to ensure proper controls are in place.
- Oversees all service and culinary presentations, activities and quality in all assigned
maintenance of all equipment props, supplies, etc.
monitoring the budget to ensure an efficient operation, and to ensure the expenditures stay
- Oversees the overall food and beverage budget by reviewing financial transactions and
within budget limitations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Employee frequently is required to stand for extended periods with extensive walking. Lifting not to exceed 50 lbs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality and/or Business Administration is desirable.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of three to five years experience in the field of Food and Beverage at management level with at least one year in concession food service and active knowledge of non-profit organizations hiring, training and recruiting.
- Knowledge of all phases of Food and Beverage administration, cost control and familiarity with concession service is required.
- Advanced computer skills are required.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess well-developed leadership skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards.
- Ability to work well in stressful situations.
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be computer- literate and have a working knowledge of concession equipment and use.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies and staff. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Effective interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TO APPLY: No Phone Calls Please. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
226 Centennial Mall South, Lincoln NE 68502
SAVOR… is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/V/D
Apply Open Date: 01-07-2013
Apply Closing Date: 01-14-2013