Daily management of the Food & Beverage Department.
Responsible for inventory reports for each event and other ongoing reporting.
Assists purchasing and overseeing distribution of all products to warehouse and point of sales or distribution.
Responsible for daily food service concerns such as, Health Department regulations, menu planning/development and costing for concessions operation.
Ensures maintenance of all Food & Beverage equipment to include; cleanliness and follows up on periodic maintenance.
Hires and trains new banquet, kitchen and concession employees; anticipates and schedules labor needs for event and non-event days. Analyses, monitors, authorizes and controls payroll.
Controls spoilage, cost of sales and ensures meals are properly reported.
Responsible for Cash Handling procedures, Procurement of Revenue, Sales Goals, and Inventory Control
Enforces procedures for beverage inventory, ordering, receiving and controls.
Must be creative in merchandising and displays and food presentations.
Ensures attention to detail and consistency in services and products.
Inspects and tastes prepared food to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This position will work with limited supervision and will require the ability to interact with all levels of staff including management. Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
Maintains an active role in local hospitality community and professional associations.
- Bachelor Degree in Food and Beverage Management, Management or Culinary Arts
- Minimum 3 years experience in management level position in Food & Beverage or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in overall Food and Beverage operations, sales, inventory control, cost control and food preparation procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of current culinary, banquets and concession trends, presentation, and food quality.
- Previous experience working with sub-contractor vendors
- Serve-safe certified.
- Alcohol awareness certificate and training capabilities.
- Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with clients and staff members.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to meet required budgetary goals.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, planning, written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and service oriented.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Puerto Rico Convention Center
FAX: 787-300-6798 or EMAIL: email@example.com
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
SMG World - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard