The Food & Beverage Manager will be responsible for professionally meeting and greeting guests in the dining rooms and acknowledging reservations. In addition, this role will involve overseeing multiple dining areas, food service and restaurant staff.
- Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of NYRA restaurants and dining areas.
- Arrange seating presentation accordingly. Take reservations.
- Ensure that each customer receives proper greeting and acknowledgement.
- Oversee wait staff and food service.
- Make sure that food is properly and timely served.
- Respond to comfort level and interact with guests.
- Handle customer complaints.
- Keep kitchen inventory current.
- Menu planning and pricing projects as necessary.
- Train, supervise, and manage a staff of up to ten hosts / runners.
- Implement new F&B internship program. Communicate with appropriate institutions to develop partnerships.
- Liaise with the Group Sales Manager to assist in event / party planning. Coordinate with all appropriate departments for successful execution of events (Facilities, Communications, Track Photographer, Parking and Admission, etc.).
- Provide input for improving concession programs.
- Identify new ideas for catering / hospitality services.
- Oversee NYRA food and beverage budgets. Identify any noticeable variances.
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years of Restaurant Management
- Ability to work in a fast paced-multi venue environment
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to travel to Belmont, Aqueduct, and Saratoga
The New York Racing Association, Inc. - 17 months ago