The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for the overall operation and quality control standards for venues in the Food & Beverage Department, in compliance with Tropicana Entertainment’s operating procedures. They provide direction to all Supervisors and efficiently utilize all personnel to achieve maximum operating results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Effectively work with the Food & Beverage staff and other departments to manage daily operations and special events. Coordinate the utilization of all venues in area of responsibility. Effectively work with the kitchen to ensure smooth operations.
2. Prepare necessary data for the budget in area of responsibility; project annual costs and monitor actual financial results; take corrective action where necessary to help ensure that financial goals are met. Control costs of product through monitoring stock and ensuring preparation of all food and beverages within established procedures and policies. Oversee food/beverage inventories at all service areas.
3. Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of all facilities and bar service areas at the highest level. Promote the highest quality of service to guests. Handles and resolves all guest complaints and concerns.
4. Manage effective operation of designated food and beverage personnel and venues to include adequate staffing. Manage the daily operations of all aspects of food and beverage service on assigned shift. Coordinate all job activities of employees. Oversee the scheduling and payroll for all hourly employees. Oversee effective scheduling of employees while maintaining the highest level of guest service while utilizing minimum use of labor hours.
5. Performs duties of food and beverage supervisors as required.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Food & Beverage.
Responsible for the Food & Beverage Supervisory staff. Responsibilities include hiring and training staff members; planning, assigning and delegating work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
All Employees must be knowledgeable to all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a major restaurant, hotel and/or casino preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to obtain any and all required State, County or Local registrations and/or licenses, if required.
Must be able to effectively communicate in English to guests and other employees. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to work with weight measurements, volume and distance.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
Planning, remembering details, using arithmetic, reading, directing others, making decisions, discriminating colors, working rapidly, working at various tempos, concentrating amid distractions, remembering names and faces, examining and observing details.
Standing, walking, reaching, kneeling, carrying, pulling, hearing, sitting, bending/stooping, observing, stretching, pushing, turning, balancing, smelling, lifting up to 25 pounds.
Inside, noisy, hot, cold, changing temperatures, odors.
The above job analysis is for the sole purpose of complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is not to be construed to include all employees employed in each job classification. The Employer reserves the right to change the requirements of each job analysis as changes in business and/or technology dictate. All weights, distances, and measurements cited in this job analysis are approximations.
Tropicana Entertainment - 2 years ago