Position Title: Food & Beverage Manager
Department: Food & Beverage
Picturesquely located in one of the most desirable areas in Southern California, the Viceroy Santa Monica Hotel fuses classic sophistication and contemporary chic. Located just steps from the city's distinctive boutiques, restaurants and beach activities, Viceroy Santa Monica offers advanced service in a most unique setting.
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Food & Beverage outlets within the hotel to ensure the highest standards of food production and service to maximize profits.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline food and beverage colleagues for the efficient operation of the Whist Restaurant
- Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the colleagues, such as house count and menu changes
- Schedule and direct colleagues in their work assignments
- Interact positively with guests, resolving any problems that arise to the satisfaction of all involved parties
- Organize special events and promotions in the restaurant, while maintaining communication with all departments to ensure guest service needs are met
- Move throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
- Verify food temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality
- Maintain profitability of outlets to support overall hotel operation
- Control payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse)
- Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies
- Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation, while developing and implementing cost saving and profit enhancing measures
- Utilize prescribed cash handling procedures to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence
- Strong computer literacy, with knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication skills, passionate, strategic and innovative
- Able to develop strong work relationships with both Guests and Colleagues
- Self-confident, proactive, and able to prioritize and make effective decisions
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Food & Beverage/Hospitality profession
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Education: High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of luxury, boutique food and beverage service background with at least 1 year in restaurant management required
Licenses or Certificates:
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.