The Program Manager, Food Fanatics role is responsible for developing and executing all aspects of the Food Fanatics program across the United States, reaching internal and external audiences to drive engagement and participation in this significant movement of food people. With a focus on budget and project management, this person will collaborate with Corporate Communications and other functional colleagues to drive increased awareness and efficiency while serving as the “voice of Food Fanatics” to the company’s internal stakeholders. Additionally, this role will be the primary point of contact and support for the Food Fanatics chefs, content developers and related projects.
Provide strategic direction to Corporate Communications and Marketing teams, serving as the voice of the Food Fanatics program.
- Create, execute and measure cross-functional integrated Food Fanatics program across content, experts and events channels to increase content, drive engagement and increase awareness
- Manage all elements of content development, including cross-functional engagement and multi-channel deployment
- Create and implement ad sales program that increases revenue while developing new offerings for advertisers
- Work with functional colleagues to increase visibility and participation in local and corporate Food Fanatics activities, including program mission, standards for excellence and strategic role
- Identify, execute and measure opportunities to optimize Food Fanatics activities and brand in external channels, including food shows, sponsorships and media activities
- Develop curriculum and training to assess, enhance and expand skill set of Food Fanatics Chefs and relevant content experts in three key areas: Consultation, Culinary and Communications.
- Serve as primary Food Fanatics interface with division, region and functional leadership teams
BA with specialization in Marketing or Communications; an MBA is preferred.
Demonstrated project management experience, focused on multi-faceted, cross-functional projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong editorial copywriting and editing experience
- Strong integrated marketing and communications knowledge
10+ years of marketing and/or communications, including experience in corporate and/or agency environments
Experience managing program execution including agency resources
- Experience in the foodservice industry, particularly field sales and/or operations, is required
- Deep expertise across various disciplines including: Project Management, Field Sales, Marketing Strategy and Cross-functional Program Leadership
Forward-thinking and highly collaborative with balance of left and right brain thinking (analytical and creative)
Strategic thinker able to partner business acumen with communications skill set to create effective plans that meet budget, business and timing requirements.
- Highly organized program manager with focus on milestones and metrics that define and sustain program success
- Successful influencer of colleagues across the company to further program objectives and solicit engagement and participation
- Understanding of field sales requirements and ability to translate program objectives to regional/divisional benefits
- Ability to coach and direct peers to realize results
- Demonstrated ability to manage information from disparate sources, creating alignment and providing proactive, timely solutions
- Ability to handle the job on a 24/7 basis as necessary
- Ability to succeed in fast-paced large, corporate environment with many cross functional partners
- Highly adaptable, able to respond quickly to new ideas, solutions and initiatives while managing ambiguity
Travel up to 80% of the time overnight.
US Foods - 20 months ago