POSITION Food Packaging Manager
DEPARTMENT: Kitchen - HMR REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
FreshDirect is a leading online grocer in the U.S., delivering premium quality fresh-from-the-farm foods and brand-name groceries to customers in the greater New York, New Jersey, Connecticut metro area and Philadelphia, PA. With a more than 2,000-member workforce that is still growing, FreshDirect places an emphasis on nutritious, delicious meals and convenient services that allow customers more time to live healthy lives. FreshDirect aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves. For more information, please visit www.freshdirect.com . For updates, follow us on Twitter: @freshdirect and on Facebook: facebook.com/FreshDirect.
Manage packaging operations for the prepared meals area for the large scale production on a 7 day operation commercial-type basis. Work is performed according to specific NYSDOH and FD policies and procedures in producing and packaging food according to standardized recipes and procedures, including but not limited to supervising and training. Oversee 3 supervisors and about 50-60 employees.
- Manage all aspects of daily operation in preparation, assembly and packaging.
- Maintain clean, safe and organized work environment.
- Staff management including but not limited to hiring, training, scheduling, grievances, mentoring and disciplinary functions
- Oversee operation of various kitchen & packaging equipment and coordination of trouble shooting on equipment.
- Ownership of quality control, productivity, workflow, packaging logs and process improvements.
- Performs all duties in accordance with personnel and company policies, safety policies and procedures, HACCP, GMP and SSOP’s.
- Review performance data, goal achievement and guide appropriate actions and projects
- Reports all issues that occur daily to the appropriate manager in a timely manner.
- Team and employee related tasks as needed.
- Good communication skills, respectfully in interactions with staff, peers and supervisors
- Strong organizational and multi tasking skills in a fast paced environment
- 5-8 years of food production in a supervisory position required
- Previous packaging, culinary production or catering a must
- Working knowledge of HACCP & GMP’s a must
- USDA food manufacturing experience a plus
- Ability to read and interpret written information, knowledge or ability to learn tasks related to work on PC in SAP, MS office and other software
- Demonstrates follow through, accuracy in tasks and objectives
- Ability to motivate, lead and train staff and supervisors
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- NYC Food Protection Certificate or equivalent a big plus
- Bilingual English / Spanish a plus
- Ability to work on in temperatures averaging 38-40F
- Must be able to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 40 pounds or above
- Ability to adapt to a diverse work force in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to be flexible with hours, including weekend, evening shifts and possible over night
- Full-time position, 10h/day and 5 days a week or as required
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS , Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.