The Packaging Supervisor performs and delegates work of moderate difficulty in regards to the preparation of food on a large scale, commercial-type basis.
with date and description
- Ensures work is performed according to specific policies and procedures in producing and packaging food according to standardized recipes and procedures, including supervising and training.
- Maintain clean, safe and organized work environment.
- Request raw materials from Warehouse for production needs
- Palletize Products according to destination
- Dispatch all pallets to designated areas with pallet ID
- Check items requested and received from warehouse are correct.
- Weigh all cooked items for production requirement
- Assist in various stations to expedite production needs
- Run Bin reports periodically
- Check that all production orders are confirmed
- Check Chillers, make sure all products are covered and labeled
- Operates various kitchen equipment and reports malfunctioning equipment for corrective action.
- Ensures that security and safety regulations are followed by the line staff follow safety regulations.
- Reports all issues that occur daily to the appropriate manager in a timely manner.
Receives general instructions on what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected, deadlines, and priority of assignments from Manager.
Uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments independently without specific instruction but receives additional specific instructions from Manager for new, difficult, or special projects/assignments
Trains, assigns work to, and checks work of 30+ Teammembers; participates in the decision to hire, fire, and promote Teammembers; does not conduct the same work as Teammembers on a regular basis
30 employees and 4 team leads
High School diploma/ and or equivalent and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous work experience and education
Three plus (3+) years experience in a supervisory position
Production/Assembly experience (in Food Industry is a plus)
English Required Bilingual preferred in English and Spanish.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
Production Facility. Must be able to stand 99% of shift, lifting up to 40 pounds is required.
Ability to lead and train staff.
Ability to read, understand , follow, and enforce policies and procedures.
Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS , Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
FreshDirect - 10 months ago
Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market
- 4 days ago
- 30+ days ago
- 14 days ago
The emphasis is on fresh at online grocer FreshDirect. The Internet grocery shopping service delivers to many New York City neighborhoods in...