A Food Safety Supervisor will be the single point of contact for the General Manager in the effective execution of all GMP and Food Safety activities, and events that occur within the warehouse through constant oversight , training, and vigilance, and will assure that all C&S, Customer, and applicable federal, state, and local GMP and Food safety requirements are being met.
- Ensure that all regulatory programs are implemented, documented, and properly executed and verified for the facility.
- Lead the execution of Standard Operating procedures (SOPs) and Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOPs) for warehouse and manufacturing operations.
- Assure completion of all sanitation activities to assure corporate compliance.
- Accountable in providing facility leadership on activities to insure compliance to all FDA, State, Local, Customer and third Party audit requirements.
- Lead the site management staff in review for facility compliance and corrective actions and will lead all internal (C&S Food Safety and Internal Audit) and external (regulatory, customer, and 3 rd party) audits.
- Responsible for the training and implementation of corporate Food Safety Management System that includes documentation, control and adherence to all appropriate sanctioning regulatory concerns including FDA and customer-driven requirements.
- Lead all 5S efforts (training, implementation, documentation, and audits) to achieve optimum Lean Manufacturing results in an effort to improve overall LMS.
- Audit warehouse for compliance to C&S Monthly Facility Food Safety Audit. Also assure compliance to 3rd party audit requisites and customer food safety programs.
- Enhance site training materials to incorporate particular facility requirements and train personnel on Corporate Food Safety programs.
- Function as the primary food safety contact during crisis situations to ensure that appropriate procedures are implemented in order to maintain compliance with HACCP and food safety requirements, including power outage and weather events.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Evaluate and recommend revisions to internal processes and policies to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Participate in associate career planning and develop associate skills and encourage growth.
- Use effective communication, leadership skills and experience to work in a team environment with associates with effective planning and priority setting.
Working Safely is a Condition for Employment with C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. - An Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
- High School Diploma, Associate or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in operations with GMP, Sanitation, and Food Safety responsibilities.
- Understanding of the principles of food safety as applied to warehouse operations and food manufacturing.
- HACCP Certification; GMP/Sanitation Certification; Basic Microsoft Office Suite knowledge; preferred Project Management and Problem Solving Skills.
C&S Wholesale Grocers
- 3 years ago - save job