Pro-actively seeking all candidates with a Food Science background or similar.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Gathers, analyzes and maintains product and technology trend information and conducts idea generation sessions to initiate creation of new food and beverage products.
- Designs and conducts benchtop experiments and tests, including Product Guidance testing recommendations, plant trials and in-market testing to deliver project requirements.
- May supervise temporary and permanent lab technicians in the execution of assigned tasks.
- Establishes key technical performance indicators and measures to ensure progress to commercialization and implementation consistent with project timelines.
- Identifies potential suppliers and manages their development of key ingredients and products.
- Maintains project file, develops technical manual, and documents intellectual property.
- Leads the commercialization phase of projects by developing product and process specifications and conducting plant testing for selected prototypes.
- Develops initial cost of goods, packaging, labeling and regulatory information.
- Ensures that products and processes have met initial quality assurance, safety and risk assessment requirements.
- Manages the communication of technical information and commercialization requirements to the production facility and negotiates to desired outcome.
- Determines test product and cost disposition.
- Provides technical input to clarify project requirements and prepares project plans for approval, prioritization and allocation of technical resources.
- Identifies key technical hurdles and deliverables.
- Organizes work activities, provides technical input on cross functional team timelines. Gathers and analyzes technical information to update cross functional team.
- Supports the startup and implementation of the product.
- Revises technical information in the specifications.
- Develops Recipe Card and finished product preparation targets.
- Prepares commercialization summaries and project reports.
- Consults on development of training materials.
- Knowledge of food and beverage technology, chemistry or engineering, including processing and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of food ingredient functionality.
- Knowledge of food quality assurance principles and established food safety requirements, including process and formulary concepts.
- Effectively present information to both technical and non technical audiences.
- Two years of food science/product development work. Combo of QA work and development work is alright, also. Any product development background is suitable (food, bev, pharma, etc).
Our people are everything. For more than 30 years, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services by...