Pro-actively seeking all candidates with a Food Science background or similar.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Gathers, analyzes and maintains product and technology trend information and conducts idea generation sessions to initiate creation of new food and beverage products.
- Designs and conducts benchtop experiments and tests, including Product Guidance testing recommendations, plant trials and in-market testing to deliver project requirements.
- May supervise temporary and permanent lab technicians in the execution of assigned tasks.
- Establishes key technical performance indicators and measures to ensure progress to commercialization and implementation consistent with project timelines.
- Identifies potential suppliers and manages their development of key ingredients and products.
- Maintains project file, develops technical manual, and documents intellectual property.
- Leads the commercialization phase of projects by developing product and process specifications and conducting plant testing for selected prototypes.
- Develops initial cost of goods, packaging, labeling and regulatory information.
- Ensures that products and processes have met initial quality assurance, safety and risk assessment requirements.
- Manages the communication of technical information and commercialization requirements to the production facility and negotiates to desired outcome.
- Determines test product and cost disposition.
- Provides technical input to clarify project requirements and prepares project plans for approval, prioritization and allocation of technical resources.
- Identifies key technical hurdles and deliverables.
- Organizes work activities, provides technical input on cross functional team timelines. Gathers and analyzes technical information to update cross functional team.
- Supports the startup and implementation of the product.
- Revises technical information in the specifications.
- Develops Recipe Card and finished product preparation targets.
- Prepares commercialization summaries and project reports.
- Consults on development of training materials.
- Knowledge of food and beverage technology, chemistry or engineering, including processing and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of food ingredient functionality.
- Knowledge of food quality assurance principles and established food safety requirements, including process and formulary concepts.
- Effectively present information to both technical and non technical audiences.
- Two years of food science/product development work. Combo of QA work and development work is alright, also. Any product development background is suitable (food, bev, pharma, etc).
Aerotek - 8 months ago
Aerotek is a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. With nearly three decades in the recruiting and staffing industry, we have...